Saturday, October 29, 2011

October 29th - Reflection


Psalm 43 (NRSV)
Send out your light and truth
Vindicate me, O God, and defend my cause
against an ungodly people;
from those who are deceitful and unjust
deliver me!
For you are the God in whom I take refuge;
why have you cast me off?
Why must I walk about mournfully
because of the oppression of the enemy?

O send out your light and your truth;
let them lead me;
let them bring me to your holy hill
and to your dwelling.
Then I will go to the altar of God,
to God my exceeding joy;
and I will praise you with the harp,
O God, my God.

Why are you cast down, O my soul,
and why are you disquieted within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
my help and my God.

Reflection
We have a deep desire to be led by God and to God. We want a relationship with God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

As we step through life we look for God to find God and follow. We look, we listen, and we cling to God.

Prayer
As I step out to follow you this day, I want to cling to you. I want to be taught by you. I want your love. Teach me this love so that I may love all those you give to me each day. --- Amen

No comments: