Friday, May 24, 2013

May 24th Reflection by Bill Lynch


John 16:12-15
12 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own, but will speak whatever he hears, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14 He will glorify me, because he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 15 All that the Father has is mine. For this reason I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

Reflection
Just like that he said it. And once he said it, I went to work. Waving along into space from my source. Waving along from one point to some endless point that I would never know. He had formed a rather short, yet unique waveform in me that was now eternal.

I was short. Later on I would learn that I was recorded in only four verses of Scripture from the New Testament book of John. Yes, I was short and to the point. Jesus mentioned the Father and the Spirit all in this one passage. That was the beginning of me. I came from Jesus and he brought me into being with him. Jesus told about the Father and showed how the Father and he were one. Now Jesus told about the Spirit of truth that will glorify Jesus and take what is Jesus and declare it.

So here I am for all eternity. I travel through space and time for any or all to hear. To hear the Word spoken of a God that loves his creation so much that he came to die for the sin of the people and save them from eternal damnation and hell. God gave freely through the gracious. loving act of himself in the Savior, Jesus Christ his own life for the life of the condemned in order to grant new life. Now, the Spirit moves and declares the Truth. The Truth of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit... God. All God, all the time and beyond.

So what now? All that Jesus has is for the Children of God. They have what Jesus has. They have unity with God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. That's Truth.

And that's where I come from. I come from the voice box of the Savior. I move from the source of life and declare what God has done, forever and ever.

Prayer
Lord, you alone are Truth. Fill me with your Truth that I may declare your glory to all the world, forever and ever... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen


No comments: