Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November 26th Reflection - The Joy of Duty - by Bill Lynch


Psalm 122

A Song of Ascents. Of David.
I was glad when they said to me,
   ‘Let us go to the house of the Lord!’
Our feet are standing
   within your gates, O Jerusalem.

Jerusalem—built as a city
   that is bound firmly together.
To it the tribes go up,
   the tribes of the Lord,
as was decreed for Israel,
   to give thanks to the name of the Lord.
For there the thrones for judgement were set up,
   the thrones of the house of David.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
   ‘May they prosper who love you.
Peace be within your walls,
   and security within your towers.’
For the sake of my relatives and friends
   I will say, ‘Peace be within you.’
For the sake of the house of the Lord our God,
   I will seek your good.

Reflection - The Joy of Duty
Yes, Lord, I have seen the Savior!
  I am filled with joy.
You granted me the pleasure of your presence.
  I am humble before you.
As I waited in hope and anticipation,
  you fulfilled my every desire.

O, the sight of your sanctuary,
  filled with all your disciples.
Unity of spirit spreads and flourishes,
  the redeemed shout and sing your praise.
You reveal yourself in all glory and honor,
  and all humanity falls on their knees.

We come and pray before you,
  in your presence we plead for salvation.
You show us the way of love and service,
  and we learn of your great sacrifice.
You alone are our Savior and joy,
  you alone are our God!

Prayer
Lord, the duties you give, seem like joy and love. Duties that flow out of your grace. We come in your presence and seek your face. You come to us and show us the way. Gather all your people into one place... a place of love and fellowship and salvation.. today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: