Wednesday, November 06, 2013

November 6th Reflection - God's Loving Care - by Bill Lynch


Psalm 17:1–9
A Prayer of David.
Hear a just cause, O Lord; attend to my cry;
   give ear to my prayer from lips free of deceit.
From you let my vindication come;
   let your eyes see the right.

If you try my heart, if you visit me by night,
   if you test me, you will find no wickedness in me;
   my mouth does not transgress.
As for what others do, by the word of your lips
   I have avoided the ways of the violent.
My steps have held fast to your paths;
   my feet have not slipped.

I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God;
   incline your ear to me, hear my words.
Wondrously show your steadfast love,
   O saviour of those who seek refuge
   from their adversaries at your right hand.

Guard me as the apple of the eye;
   hide me in the shadow of your wings,
from the wicked who despoil me,
   my deadly enemies who surround me.

Reflection - God's Loving Care
Lord, I'm anxious and worried,
   I get beside myself and don't understand.
I call out to you in the midst of my deep need,
   I cry to you to hear my plea.

Look upon my life and show me your will,
   open your Word and guide me all the day.
Hear my words and give me understanding,
   close my mouth when wicked words proceed.

See what I do that pleases your eyes,
   tell me when I'm doing your will.
Hear my plea when I cry out in fear,
   take my side at the end of the day.

I have placed all my hope and trust in you.
   You have built faith into my heart.
I live my life to do your will,
   to show your love in action towards others.

God, you have tested me in all my ways,
   you come to me as Brother, Teacher, Father and Spirit.
Jesus, you teach me and show me your way.
   Spirit you equip me and send me out in active love.

When I call to you, I hear your Word.
   I see your presence all the day.
For, you have shown your steadfast love.
   You have protected and guarded my life.

Care for me dear Lord and Savior.
   Lead me to your heavenly place.
Your love is tender and soft and comforting,
   hold me close and tight each day.

Prayer
Lord, I give you thanks for your tender, loving care. I give you thanks for your presence in life. I give you thanks for your rescue and salvation. I give you thanks for the gifts of the Spirit. I give you thanks for a call and a mission. I give you thanks that you are my God, my Savior, my Life. I give you thanks, dear Lord in all things... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: