Friday, April 10, 2009

April 10th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Remembrance

Readings of the Day
Deuteronomy 34:1-Joshua 2:24-I hereby command you: Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.
Luke 13:22-14:6-And I tell you, you will not see me until the time comes when you say, "Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord."
Psalm 79:1-13-Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of your name; deliver us, and forgive our sins, for your name's sake.
Proverbs 12:26-The righteous gives good advice to friends...
John 18:1-19:42-Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not from this world. If my kingdom were from this world, my followers would be fighting to keep me from being handed over to the Jews. but as it is, my kingdom is not from here."

God's Word of the Day
Focus on the cross and see death, see sin, see life, see love.

Story of the Day
I was asked to step up and lead after a great leader had been in place for over a generation of people. How could I ever begin to measure up. I was asked to take the final steps that the great leader wanted so desperately to take. I was asked to take these people into battle. I was asked to lead these people into a place that a past generation had refused to go. I need something outside of myself to permit me to lead. And that I was given.

So we looked at the place were were to go. And we did it. We started straight into the face of the enemy and marched forward with the help of the power outside of ourselves. Led by this power and love we won the battle.

Years later one of my descendants would look upon that power on a cross. They would see their own sin on that cross. They would see all sin on that cross. They would see that sin die. They would see all fear of death die. They would see the Son of God and the Son of Man die that day on that cross. They would focus on that cross and see sin, death, and also, life and love. All at one time on that cross.

Years pass and one of my descendants would remember that night, that day and focus on that cross. They would see the sin of all the world on that cross. They would see God abandon that sin on the cross and leave it there to die. What pain...what shame...what honor...what glory...what a Savior. Thanks be to God!

Led by this love and power we have won the battle...descendants passed, present and future.

Prayer of the Day
As I focus on that cross, I see my sin and the sin of all the world. I also see my Savior. I see that One who comes to my door day after day to invite me out into His Kingdom. As I see sin die, I give You eternal thanks, my Lord, my Savior, my King. I look forward to following You in that Kingdom walk, today, tomorrow and forever. ---Amen

No comments: