Monday, April 20, 2009

April 18th - 20th - Let's Play!

Theme
Room

Readings
Joshua 16:1-22:20-So they finished dividing the land.
Luke 19:1-20:26-What shall I do? I will send my beloved son; perhaps they will respect him.
Psalm 87:1-89:13-The north and the south--- you created them...
Proverbs 13:7-16-Some pretend to be rich, yet have nothing; others pretend to be poor, yet have great wealth.

God's Word
Let's meet in the upper-room.

Story
He was busy preparing a room for his guest. This was an important room, so he swept it clean and put everything in place. The room was now clean and comfortable and waiting for his guest. But until such time that the guest would need the room, he went to visit his friend. He knocked at the door.

He knew that his friend and future guest was in the meantime preparing room for him in his heart. This earthly friend was waiting and preparing to meet his honored friend and was in great anticipation of his arrival. This earthly friend was in such great need of this special friendship. This earthly friend had failed this friendship in the past and was greatly distressed and sorrowed, wanting forgiveness and a happy reconciliation.

So a place was prepared in his heart, a clean and open place, just waiting for a new beginning. The earthly friend opened the door. And was surprised to see a face in the same form of his own, with a wonderful smile of forgiveness and love. But a challenge.

I'll occupy that space in your heart if only you follow me and go through this life I have given to you. Then together when this journey is complete, and all of your world has seen my light of love shine through you, will we go to occupy the upper room I have prepared for you. Together we will unite once again as we have united here in a bond of blood, body, sweat and the sweet taste of bread, wine and love. Together now we will walk as you follow me in this bond of love and devotion.

And I responded gladly. So glad that he would come into my heart. So glad to follow him to that upper room. So glad to go through the sweat, the pain, the laughter, the passion of life to meet with him in that specially prepared upper-room.

Prayer
Lord, we both have prepared a place. Come into my heart as I follow You to that place You have prepared. ---Amen

No comments: