Thursday, April 09, 2009

April 4th - 9th --- Let's Play

Theme
Wandering

Readings
Deuteronomy 26:1-33:29-No, the word is very near to you; it is in your mouth and in your heart for you to observe. See, I have set before you today life and prosperity, death and adversity.
Luke 10:38-13:21-Be dressed for action and have your lamps lit; be like those who are waiting for their master to return from the wedding banquet, so that they may open the door for him as soon as he comes and knocks.
Psalm 76:1-78:72-Your way was through the sea, your path, through the mighty waters; yet your footprints were unseen.
Proverbs 12:15-25-Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to advice.

God's Word
Answer when I call. Be ready for action and to listen and follow.

Story
I just didn't feel like answering the door that day. I heard the knock, then I heard the door bell ring. I heard the dogs all barking. But I just didn't feel like answering the door that day. So the person left. The person left and I didn't care if they ever returned again. Boy, did I have an attitude. But that day, I just didn't care. So I went about my business. I did just what I wanted to do that day. I lay around for most of the day. I read, I watched TV...I did a bunch of nothing. I was letting my life turn into a bunch of nothing.

Finally, I decided to go to the door and take a peek outside. As soon as I opened the door; there he was. He was still standing at the door waiting on me to answer the door. Hours had gone by since the knock and the ring of the door bell...Hours!

He said, OK, now, come on! We've got things to do. We've got places to go and people to see! Get ready and let's go! He told me sometimes fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to advice; so come on, get ready and let's go! So, out the door I went, following him through the sea, following through the mighty waters, with footprints unseen.

Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, forgive me for those days that I just sit and waste. Forgive my sin. Now let's go! ---Amen

No comments: