Friday, April 17, 2009

April 17th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Change

Readings of the Day
Joshua 15:1-63-The lot for the tribe of the people of Judah according to their families reached southward to the boundary of Edom...
Luke 18:18-43-Lord, let me see again.
Psalm 86:1-17-...you give me an undivided heart to revere your name.
Proverbs 13:9-10-...wisdom is with those who take advice.
Acts 4:23-31-When they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken; and they were filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God with boldness.

God's Word of the Day
I will change you. I need not change, but I will change you.

Story of the Day
At first it was a slow change. It took place in the spring of the year. At first you could see just a peek of green leaf coming through the ground. Then as if over night a stalk and leaves appeared. Then the best change of all. The tulip opened up and a display of beauty and color was reflected to the whole world, right where this tulip rose out of the earth. Out of a dead bulb below the surface of the earth rose new life. At first it was a slow change. But what a dramatic effect!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I thank You for Your constant love and care. As I change into what You desire, may I look to You and give You all praise and glory, now and forever. ---Amen

No comments: