Thursday, April 16, 2009

April 16th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Lasting

Readings of the Day
Joshua 13:1-14:15-So Hebron became the inheritance of Caleb son of Jephunneh the Kenizzite to this day, because he wholeheartedly followed the LORD, the God if Israel.
Luke 18:1-17-...for all who exalt themselves will be humbled, but all who humble themselves will be exalted.
Psalm 85:1-13-Steadfast love and faithfulness will meet; righteousness and peace will kiss each other.
Proverbs 13:7-8-Some pretend to be rich, yet have nothing...
Acts 2:42-47-All who believed were together and had all things in common...

God's Word of the Day
Be real, be honest, be up-front, be faithful, be humble, and wholeheartedly follow Me.

Story of the Day
When I walked into the room, I knew that I wasn't fitting in. I tried to strike up a conversation and it seemed everyone was talking above me or beyond be but not to me. The longer I hung around and tried to pretend to fit in, the more uncomfortable I became. Finally, I had had enough. I was tired of trying to fit in and act like something I wasn't. It wasn't working out at all anyway as far as I could tell. So the next conversation, that's what I talked about. I talked about how we all seemed to be talking around one another rather than to one another. And then I became myself. I had fun talking about a few things that I knew about and quit pretending to know about some of the things "they" were talking about. And it broke the ice. People, for the most part, started becoming themselves. People started talking about their likes and pleasures and quit trying to impress one another with "stuff" about themselves that wasn't concrete. The gathering got louder and louder, more people mixed with one another and we had fun. Just being ourselves we had fun. We were now honest, upfront, and humble with one another. A fresh air of change.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I come to you myself, humble and honest. I know you know and understand all my gifts and all my faults. I seek forgiveness for my errors and sins and give thanks for all You have graciously blessed me with this day. Send me out by Your side, and at Your feet that I may deal with those you give to me with respect, honor and glory as a magnificent creation of You, My God, Savior and King. ---Amen

No comments: