Wednesday, September 02, 2009

September 2nd - Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=b392f396e7bd9f50c183

Readings
Ecclesiastes 1:1-3:22
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: - Ecclesiastes 3:1
2 Corinthians 6:1-13
For he says, "At an acceptable time I have listened to you, and on a day of salvation I have helped you." See, now is the acceptable time; see, now is the day of salvation! - 2 Corinthians 6:2
Psalms 46:1-11
"Be still, and know that I am God! I am exalted among the nations, I am exalted in the earth." - Psalms 46:10
Proverbs 22:15

Reflection
The more I seek you. The more I find you. I want to sit at your feet, drink from the cup in your hand, lean back against you and feel your heart beat. This love is so deep. It's more than I can stand.

There does seem to be a time for everything. And it always seems to be the "right" time. Especially in our walk as disciples. We walk in the presence of Jesus. Seeking Him along the way each day. As we walk the day we look around and find him in so many unexpected places. Some days it seems I'm blind to His presence and then other days it's as if I can't help but to find Him.

And in those days that I feel most in need of the cup from His hand and His back to lean upon; His love presents itself as such a deep love that I can't understand that the presence of His love overwhelms and envelopes and fills to overflowing.

And that's the time! That's the very time of salvation. Salvation from the troubles, pain or whatever it is that has become a burden that day. The help I so much have desired and the love I have sought has taken place in my being. So, I sit and be still, and in His presence wonder at the awe of His power and grace and love. This love so deep, it's more than I can stand.

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven. Be still and know...be still and melt into the love of God.

Prayer
Lord, I'm still...may I melt into that great Love that You are, in Your presence this day. ---Amen

No comments: