Friday, September 04, 2009

September 4th - Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=3a0175c544b72e4861b9

Readings
Ecclesiastes 7:1-9:18
But whoever is joined with all the living has hope... - Ecclesiastes 9:4a
2 Corinthians 7:8-16
I rejoice because I have complete confidence in you. - 2 Corinthians 7:16
Psalms 48:1-14
He will be our guide forever. - Psalms 48:14b
Proverbs 22:17-19
Incline you ear and hear my words and apply your mind to my teaching; for it will be pleasant if you keep them within you, if all of them are ready on your lips. - Proverbs 22:17-18

Reflection
It was just one thing after another. Unbearable things at that. Death that scars life forever. But on the open waters once again, the author of the hymn reflects; "It is well with my soul." Joined with the Living Hope, he knows that his life will go on and he knows with the assurance of the Living Hope that one day will come, that will hold a great communion of souls. But for now the Living Hope will be his guide forever. He inclined his ear to the Word of the Living Hope and applied his mind and his actions and lived his life. He lived his life through those vast baptismal waters where one gets lost to self and finds the Living Hope of our gracious God and Savior. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, today as I dip once again deep into the baptismal waters, as I get lost beneath the surface, and face sure death; raise me up with You in that Living Hope that renews, forgives, refreshes, gifts and sends me forth with Your Word on my lips, to proclaim Your glory and honor to all the world. ---Amen

No comments: