Wednesday, September 09, 2009

September 9th - Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=b508e0150557aedd3e9a&mui=6974c0a9b90143e37db255f6dee6ff9d

Readings
Isaiah 3:1-5:30
On that day the branch of the LORD shall be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land shall be the pride and glory of the survivors of Israel. - Isaiah 4:2
2 Corinthians 11:1-15
I wish you would bear with me in a little foolishness. Do bear with me! - 2 Corinthians 11:1
Psalms 53:1-6
Fools say in their hearts, "There is no God." - Psalms 53:1a
Proverbs 22:28-29

Reflection
I wonder if I sound like the dogs in this video to God? I kinda hope so! Each one of these dogs seems to try their best to please the master. And in each case the master is pleased. Even if it all seems a little funny, the master is pleased. Even if it doesn't quite come out right, I guess it really does, because the master is pleased.

But what about those times I don't please the Master? Those times I turn away? Those times that I am sent into exile for my sin? What about those times that I turn foolish and act as if there is no Master? What about those times?

My hope is in those times that the Master would reach out to me and train me and discipline me and teach me faith and trust and give me a hope that one day I can again please the Master. If I just look at the Word I can see that hope, that teaching, that trust and that faith in the Word made flesh, Jesus Christ.

I would be glad to sound just like those dogs to my Master and bring a laugh and a smile to my Master's face.

Prayer
Lord as I go in Your Name this day, teach me, discipline me, give me hope and faith, that I may speak Your language of love and bring a joyous smile to Your face and laughter in Your voice this day. ---Amen

No comments: