Tuesday, September 01, 2009

August 29th - September 1st Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=59390df307affdd8f748

Readings
Job 31:1-42:17
Does he not see my ways, and number all my steps? - Job 31:4
2 Corinthians 3:1-5:21
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. - 2 Corinthians 5:21
Psalms 43:1-45:17
O send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling. - Psalms 43:3
Proverbs 22:8-14

Reflection
Pain, death and tragedy seem to be able to strike at any time. Strike the good and the bad equally. It seems as if God isn't looking over us when all this happens. We begin to wonder, why me? Haven't I been good enough? Think of what was going through the mind of Job or even the mind of Steven Chapman. Why me? God, if you see my ways and number all my steps, why me?

But then again, why Him? Why Jesus? Why did Jesus come to this world and for our sake become sin who knew no sin. Why did Jesus do this so that I might be made righteous? God sent His Light and Truth to lead you and me to that holy hill. It's not about why me...it's about why Him. And the why Him makes all the difference. The why Him resides in the deep love God has for His children. A deep love the surpasses the tragedy, surpasses the illness and yes even surpassed the death to bring a new life, risen in glory and truth and light and life and righteousness.

Why me?...Yes Lord Me!...I want it to Me!...Choose me...For I have seen Your glory shining so brightly through the truth and light of Your Son Jesus Christ who became sin so that I might be righteous. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord when the pain comes I know of One who overcame it all for my sake and I give You eternal thanks for permitting me to feel the pain and to know the illness and to go through the battles of this world so that I may sing much more passionately and loudly of a Savior who has come to me and to the world that we may all have a hope of Truth and Light and Life in Him. ---Amen

No comments: