Monday, September 21, 2009

September 18th - 21st - Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=47e6500ebfc5c5aa3b1e

Readings
Isaiah 28:14-38:22
O LORD, be gracious to us; we wait for you. Be our arm every morning, our salvation in the time of trouble. - Isaiah 33:2
Galatians 3:23-6:18
Bear on another's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. - Galatians 6:2
Psalms 62:1-65:13
He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall never be shaken. - Psalms 62:2
Proverbs 23:19-24
Listen to your father who begot you, and do not despise your mother when she is old. - Proverbs 23:22

Reflection
It's hard to come out with a decision that you have made that you fear may disappoint someone that you respect and look up to. I have tip-toed around this very same kind of conversation with my dad. But once my fear is overcome and the talk begins; I always walk away with a new perspective on life. I walk away knowing that, though life may not be easy at times, I will walk away and begin anew. I walk away determined to move forward in a new direction. I walk away charged and gifted with the spirit to move forward.

God is like that with each one of us. He stands behind us when we come to Him with our issues and problems. Sure, He's seen it all before. But we must be bold enough to face our Father with the issues we face. Day after day, come to our Father and speak with Him. Day after day, come to Him for advice and council and direction. He will faithfully lead though this life and give us whatever it is we need.

It's hard to come forth...but when we come forth...there will always be One to listen and guide.

Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, I have come to You this day with my day. Lead me and guide me in the actions I take, in the decisions I make, and in the love I show to those You choose to place in my life. ---Amen

No comments: