Tuesday, September 08, 2009

September 8th - Reflection

Video
http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=684a7703f8c9a23d2c84

Readings
Isaiah 1:1-2:22
The ox knows its owner, and the donkey its master's crib; but Israel does not know, my people do not understand. - Isaiah 1:3
2 Corinthians 10:1-18
For it is not those who commend themselves that are approved, but those whom the Lord commends. - 2 Corinthians 10:18
Psalms 52:1-9
I trust in the steadfast love of God forever and ever. - Psalms 52:8b
Proverbs 22:26-27

Reflection
Did the dog really want to swing? Did the dog really enjoy the swing at first...or even at last? Did the dog trust the owner?

I'm not sure about the first couple of questions. For me it was hard to tell if that dog wanted to be in the swing. It did appear to me that the dog began to find joy in the swing. But I think that, for sure, the dog trusted the owner. And with that trust, I think the dog found joy in doing what pleased the owner or master.

Is that somewhat similar to our relationship with God? If we but trust in His Word and Way we will find joy in pleasing our Master. After all in the pleasing of God we find joy. In the pleasing of God we find laughter and a sense of love. When we feel that we are pleasing God and see the joy in His face we feel commended by God. We feel His praise for having done what pleased Him. And we trust in His steadfast love forever and ever. Trust the Owner and find joy in pleasing Him.

Prayer
Lord, may my actions this day be the actions You would have me take to please You and bring a smile to Your face. I trust in Your guidance this day. ---Amen

No comments: