Monday, January 04, 2010

January 4th - Reflection

Reading

Isaiah 6:1-5 (NRSV)
The Lord high and lofty


In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lofty; and the hem of his robe filled the temple. Seraphs were in attendance above him; each had six wings: with two they covered their faces, and with two they covered their feet, and with two they flew. And one called to another and said:
"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts;
the whole earth is full of his glory."

The pivots on the thresholds shook at the voices of those who called, and the house filled with smoke. And I said: "Woe is me! I am lost, for I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips; yet my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!"

Reflection
For some reason, I can almost fathom a God that comes to me. I can understand my need to go to God. But what blows my mind is to think of a God that is everywhere. I try to put some human thinking to it to make any sense of it. Like thinking of steam or water that takes the shape of the container. But steam or water doesn't seem to have any personality to it like I relate to God. But who says that I'm supposed to understand? That's what makes God so awesome, we can't understand. He is beyond my understanding. God is the one that created me and all that exists. And then God comes to me a lost man with unclean lips who lives among people with unclean lips...yet my eyes have seen Jesus! Thanks be to God!

Prayer
In Your presence I sing praises to You. In Your presence I am quiet and bow in awe. In Your presence I see You. ---Amen

No comments: