Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March 10th - Reflection



Reading

Psalm 39 (NRSV)
My hope is in God


I said, "I will guard my ways
that I may not sin with my tongue;
I will keep a muzzle on my mouth
as long as the wicked are in my presence."
I was silent and still;
I held my peace to no avail;
my distress grew worse,
my heart became hot within me.
While I mused, the fire burned;
then I spoke with my tongue:

"Lord, let me know my end,
and what is the measure of my days;
let me know how fleeting my life is.
You have made my days a few handbreadths,
and my lifetime is as nothing in your sight.
Surely everyone stands as a mere breath.
Selah
Surely everyone goes about like a shadow.
Surely for nothing they are in turmoil;
they heap up, and do not know who will gather.

"And now, O Lord, what do I wait for?
My hope is in you.
Deliver me from all my transgressions.
Do not make me the scorn of the fool.
I am silent; I do not open my mouth,
for it is you who have done it.
Remove your stroke from me;
I am worn down by the blows of your hand.

"You chastise mortals
in punishment for sin,
consuming like a moth what is dear to them;
surely everyone is a mere breath.
Selah

"Hear my prayer, O Lord,
and give ear to my cry;
do not hold your peace at my tears.
For I am your passing guest,
an alien, like all my forebears.
Turn your gaze away from me, that I may smile again,
before I depart and am no more."


Reflection

A passing guest. Jesus passes by and God takes me in and gives me hope. On this journey of life, God sent Jesus. Jesus passes by every day. Passes by and invites each one of us into the Kingdom. Invites us into the Kingdom to forgive and start new life. Passes by and brings hope and a smile. And as Jesus passes by and becomes so personal and close as friend; I smile. I smile and joyfully go to work in that Kingdom of hope and grace. Thanks be to God!


Prayer

Lord, I hear your knock on the door as you pass by. Let's go! Let's go to your children and build a revolution of compassion, grace and love for all this day. --- Amen

No comments: