Thursday, March 18, 2010

March 18th - Reflection



Reading

Philippians 2:19-24 (NRSV)
Apostolic visits are promised

I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, so that I may be cheered by news of you. I have no one like him who will be genuinely concerned for your welfare. All of them are seeking their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ. But Timothy's worth you know, how like a son with a father he has served with me in the work of the gospel. I hope therefore to send him as soon as I see how things go with me; and I trust in the Lord that I will also come soon.



Reflection

To be chosen and sent...God has lovingly chosen us in our baptism and through the Church we are blessed and taught and nurtured and then gifted and sent. A wonderful process that occurs at any age and at any time in life. A process God has given freely to all people through the love of Jesus Christ and what he did for us and on our behalf on that cross years ago.


To be chosen and sent...Thanks be to God!


Prayer

Lord, I give you thanks for the life you have given me in your Church. I give you thanks for that host of angels that taught me, nurtured me, gifted me, encouraged me, loved me and sent me. Use me this day to do likewise to one of your children. --- Amen

No comments: