Saturday, March 06, 2010

March 6th - Reflection



Reading

Luke 6:43-45 (NRSV)
A tree and its fruits


"No good tree bears bad fruit, nor again does a bad tree bear good fruit; for each tree is known by its own fruit. Figs are not gathered from thorns, nor are grapes picked from a bramble bush. The good person out of the good treasure of the heart produces good, and the evil person out of evil treasure produces evil; for it is out of the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks.


Reflection

At first glance I see a way to judge another person...but as I look closer...I see the way to look at my own actions.


As I walk daily with God and, as daily God comes to me, and I confess my sin to God; God always forgives. God comes to me, I confess, God forgives. God showers blessings and gifts upon me. Even in the midst of the wilderness and my sinful stubborn self, that tests God's patience, God showers gifts. Showers gifts, grants forgiveness, and God brings forth new life in me out of death.


Each day, I can reflect on my actions for the day. Was the fruit the good fruit that God nourished? Or was the fruit the bad fruit that I selfishly nourished for my own good? That fruit that I can view as good, truly felt good from the heart. That fruit that was bad, brought on deception, lies and doubt.


Prayer

Lord, as I walk with you through this day, give me pause to question the fruit that I am producing. Give me time to stop and turn to you and question my ways. Forgive those times that I have produced that "bad" fruit and teach me to boldly use the blessings and gifts you have given to me to produce good fruit for you and for those you give to me this day. --- Amen

No comments: