Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 31st - Reflection

Reading
Wednesday in Holy Week
Psalm 70 (NRSV)
Be pleased, O God, to deliver me

Be pleased, O God, to deliver me.
O Lord, make haste to help me!
Let those be put to shame and confusion
who seek my life.
Let those be turned back and brought to dishonor
who desire to hurt me.
Let those who say, "Aha, Aha!"
turn back because of their shame.

Let all who seek you
rejoice and be glad in you.
Let those who love your salvation
say evermore, "God is great!"
But I am poor and needy;
hasten to me, O God!
You are my help and my deliverer;
O Lord, do not delay!


Reflection
Hurry up! Hurry up, for you are the only one that can save me! Sure they caught me in my sin. Sure, I confessed my sin and you forgave me, but they hang my sin over my head and constantly mock me and bring shame. I never said that I wouldn't suffer the consequence of my sin. I fully expect to pay the price for my sin, but these people just love to hang it over me.

I wonder how Jesus felt? He was taking on my sin. He was suffering for my sin. He was giving his life for my sin. And the people were relentless in punishment and sarcasm. And he deserved none of that! I deserved it and he got it. So...Here I am...

Here I am, poor and needy, hasten to me and help me my deliverer, do not delay! For I rejoice and am glad in you...Just look what a wonderful thing you have done for me...Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, we both know of my sin...I turn to you and confess and seek forgiveness...I turn to my neighbor and seek and give forgiveness. Open my heart to the beauty of your love that all hate may flee, today, tomorrow and forever. --- Amen

No comments: