Saturday, April 10, 2010

April 10th - Reflection





Reading

Luke 24:36-40 (NRSV)
Beholding the wounds of the risen Christ

While they were talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you." They were startled and terrified, and thought that they were seeing a ghost. He said to them, "Why are you frightened, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? Look at my hands and my feet; see that it is I myself. Touch me and see; for a ghost does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet.



Reflection

Look at his hands and feet. See what Jesus has endured. Don't be frightened by it all but believe with your whole heart. This is Jesus who suffered and died for you. This is Jesus who rose again and walks about this earth. This is Jesus in the flesh. Look at his hands and feet and believe. See!



Prayer

Lord, open my eyes that I may fully see the love you have shown. --- Amen

No comments: