Saturday, April 17, 2010

April 17th - Reflection




Luke 14:12-14 (NRSV)
Welcome those in need to your table

He said also to the one who had invited him, "When you give a luncheon or a dinner, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, in case they may invite you in return, and you would be repaid. But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, and the blind. And you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you, for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous."


Reflection

I really don't even want to be repaid. Why would I? Look at what Jesus has done for me! Look what he did! I could never repay!


But oh, how I sure want to respond! I want so badly to respond to what Jesus has shown me. Look at the love he has shown. Love that carries my sins to the cross, bears the pain and suffering and puts it all to death. Jesus puts my sin to death.


And then an amazing thing takes place. Jesus rose from the dead and raises me to a new life. How I want to respond! How I want to go forth without the worry of sin to show Jesus' love and compassion to the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind and to all God's children.


I really don't even want to be repaid, but oh, how I want to respond! Thanks be to God!


Prayer

Lord, take me and use me this day to show love, compassion and service to the children you have given to me. --- Amen

No comments: