Saturday, April 24, 2010

April 24th - Reflection




Luke 12:29-32 (NRSV)
Do not fear, little flock


And do not keep striving for what you are to eat and what you are to drink, and do not keep worrying. For it is the nations of the world that strive after all these things, and your Father knows that you need them. Instead, strive for his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

"Do not be afraid, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Reflection
Put your priorities in order! Strive for the kingdom. God will take care of what you are to eat and drink. Sure, we have to use the resources God has given us and put in the work to produce gladly. We can do this because all we have is a gift from God anyway.

I have been blessed with many things. I have been blessed with many talents and skills. I have been blessed. And it all came from God and belongs to God in the first place. So, knowing this, I can respond to the blessings God first gave me and use them. Use all the blessings to the glory of God. Because...we strive for the kingdom, which God has set before us to give God all glory and honor.

Put your priorities in order...strive for the kingdom...the remainder of all needs will follow. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, may my sights be set on you and your vision for me. --- Amen

No comments: