Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April 20th - Reflection




Ezekiel 1:26 2:1 (NRSV)
Ezekiel's vision of God's glory

And above the dome over their heads there was something like a throne, in appearance like sapphire; and seated above the likeness of a throne was something that seemed like a human form. Upward from what appeared like the loins I saw something like gleaming amber, something that looked like fire enclosed all around; and downward from what looked like the loins I saw something that looked like fire, and there was a splendor all around. Like the bow in a cloud on a rainy day, such was the appearance of the splendor all around. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord.

When I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard the voice of someone speaking.

He said to me: O mortal, stand up on your feet, and I will speak with you.

Reflection
"And above the dome..." Reminds me of the creation in Genesis. And maybe this is a new creation...a renewal of Ezekiel. He heard the sound of mighty waters...oh how in renewal, this weekend, did I ever hear the sound of mighty waters. The mighty waters of baptism and the mighty cleansing waters of Christ in action through normal men. I heard and felt those same mighty waters in action through, in, and with his children. I also heard the sound of an army. I heard the wind of the wings of the Holy Spirit blow gently and sometimes fiercely through the lives of all there gathered, into their souls and hearts and lives. God has gifted the church with an army of children that come to you and walk with you and show you, face to face, the face of God.

Look into the eyes and you will see the face of God before you. You will see the face of God coming through your brother and sister and God will touch you and hug you and give you new life. "This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. When I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard the voice of someone speaking. He said to me: O mortal, stand up on your feet, and I will speak with you."

Renewal weekend, a time to refresh and recreate and see God face to face. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Let the power of the Holy Spirit sweep in and through this day so that my words may be your words and my actions the actions you have designed me to take this day. --- Amen

No comments: