Sunday, May 16, 2010

May 16th - Reflection




Seventh Sunday of Easter
John 17:20-26 (NRSV)
Christ's prayer for his disciples


"I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. Father, I desire that those also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory, which you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.

"Righteous Father, the world does not know you, but I know you; and these know that you have sent me. I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them."

Reflection
Jesus in us and the Father in Jesus, all so that we can be one. One in a sense that we will all know one another intimately. And it's all about "they" --- Jesus asks on behalf of "these" --- Children of God that we are, we become one with each other and Jesus is in the midst of us, is in us, and the Father is in Jesus.

The Father has given us to Jesus and Jesus asks that we may be with him where he is. That we may see his glory which the Father gave to Jesus before the foundation of the world. Jesus is in us and the Father is in Jesus and we see the love given before the foundation of the world.

Our salvation was planned even before we were created! Spin my head and blow my mind so that this Love may be in me and in you. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, give me this love that you speak of and send me out to those you give to me this day to show your love in me and through me with passionate action. --- Amen

No comments: