Wednesday, May 05, 2010

May 5th - Reflection




Psalm 133 (NRSV)
How good it is to live in unity


How very good and pleasant it is
when kindred live together in unity!
It is like the precious oil on the head,
running down upon the beard,
on the beard of Aaron,
running down over the collar of his robes.
It is like the dew of Hermon,
which falls on the mountains of Zion.
For there the Lord ordained his blessing,
life forevermore.


Reflection

Abundance of anointing oil and abundance of life refreshing dew. As I imagine the abundance; I imagine my baptism and the abundance of oil on my forehead and the abundance of water flowing. I further imagine and see, in the visions of my mind, the abundance of Christs love overflowing the communion cup, flowing over the altar and down and out, for all the world to see and share in the pain, suffering and the everlasting life Christ freely and abundantly gave to all people. "For there the Lord ordained his blessing, life forevermore." Thanks be to God!


Prayer

Lord, you shower me in abundant blessing and love. As I step out into your Kingdom this day with you may that love flow from me to those you set before me this day. --- Amen

No comments: