Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 27th - Reflection


Ephesians 1:17-19 (NRSV)
Wisdom in the Trinity

I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation as you come to know him, so that, with the eyes of your heart enlightened, you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance among the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power for us who believe, according to the working of his great power.


Reflection
Enlightened eyes of my heart- Eyes that allow me to see the love of Jesus. Eyes that permit me to look at another in love and compassion and share that love God first gave to you and me. Eyes that look out into this world in the knowing hope of an inheritance won by Jesus of everlasting life. Eyes that are able to look deeper within my heart and your heart and see God active both spiritually and physically. Eyes that witness the hands reaching out in service and love to those who have yet to know our Lord Jesus Christ. Eyes that can see past this world to the saints that have gone before me and you and understand the love of Christ in witness for each life. Eyes of the heart for us who believe is an immeasurable witness of Jesus' power and love.

Enlightened eyes of the heart...Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, open the eyes of my heart today that I may see, witness, and act out the love you first have shown. --- Amen

No comments: