Friday, July 08, 2011

July 8th - Reflection


Romans 15:14-21 (NRSV)
Sanctified by the Holy Spirit
I myself feel confident about you, my brothers and sisters, that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, and able to instruct one another. Nevertheless on some points I have written to you rather boldly by way of reminder, because of the grace given me by God to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles in the priestly service of the gospel of God, so that the offering of the Gentiles may be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit. In Christ Jesus, then, I have reason to boast of my work for God. For I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me to win obedience from the Gentiles, by word and deed, by the power of signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God, so that from Jerusalem and as far around as Illyricum I have fully proclaimed the good news of Christ. Thus I make it my ambition to proclaim the good news, not where Christ has already been named, so that I do not build on someone else's foundation, but as it is written,
"Those who have never been told of him shall see,
and those who have never heard of him shall understand."

Reflection
It's about the Holy Spirit working in and through us. When the Holy Spirit works through you or me, the gospel is spread and new life is given to those we meet day to day in our lives. We look at the love God has shown us. We see and feel the sacrifice Jesus made to give us life. We accept the gifts and the power that the Holy Spirit plants inside of us and we live for God.

Fully proclaim the good news of Christ. Make this your ambition in life. Proclaim, in word, deed and loving caring for all those God gives to you each day.

Prayer
Lord, I give you thanks and praise for walking with me, up the hills, through the forrest, down the mountain, and through the valleys. Work in me this day as I walk with someone else that they too may see and feel and get a glimpse of the awesome good news of Chirst today. --- Amen

No comments: