Saturday, February 11, 2012

Good Gifts Mr. Pig


Deuteronomy 14:8 (New Revised Standard)
And the pig, because it divides the hoof but does not chew the cud, is unclean for you. You shall not eat their meat, and you shall not touch their carcasses.

You know what? I got a bad rap! Just because of my feet, I'm unclean. But there are some cases where this just doesn't matter. I'll bet there are a lot of folks reading this that are a little unclean themselves, maybe not because of their feet, but maybe for some other reason.

The good thing about all of this, is that because of this fella that came into the world a few years ago, you guys and I don't have to live our lives focusing on how unclean we are, but we can now live our lives because of what God can do in and through us.

It gave me this idea. I don't have much money. It doesn't seem to do me any good. One time I tried to buy some corn off this guy and he just looked at me like, how did that pig get a couple of dollars in his snout, and he took it away from me and I didn't even get the corn! But I'm willing to make a deal with you. There's this thing call Good Gifts with the ELCA (don't ask me what that means!) and you can give money and I get a new home out of it. I get to go to some people who will take good care of me, feed me and maybe even either sell me or eat me. I'm not so sure about that last idea, but I'm willing to help these people out however I can.

You give a little of you and I'll give all of me. How about that? I think that would be what that fella a few years back had in mind for us "unclean" creatures.

Mr. Pig

Prayer
Creator of all, use the lives of all you have blessed to bless the lives of another in need. --- Amen
www.elca.org/goodgifts

No comments: