Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August 21st Reflection by Bill Lynch


Psalm 34:15-22 (New Revised Standard)

15 The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their cry. 16 The face of the Lord is against evildoers, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. 17 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles. 18 The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and saves the crushed in spirit. 19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord rescues them from them all. 20 He keeps all their bones; not one of them will be broken. 21 Evil brings death to the wicked, and those who hate the righteous will be condemned. 22 The Lord redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned.

Psalm by Bill Lynch

God is always present and open to hear my prayers.
The Lord turns to me and cares for all of my needs.
As I pray for help, God listens and takes action.
For my God saves those who are down and out.

Dare I turn and run from God?
If that were so, I would be lost and in trouble.
For my efforts are but a drop in the ocean,
Compared to what God can do.

So, I will stand with God forever.
Even in my darkest moments, I will trust in the Lord.
For God I live and breathe and walk this earth.
Knowing that all hope is in God alone.

Prayer
Lord, I look to you in my moments of pain and suffering and you come. You come and bless me with light and life and salvation. In you is all joy and hope... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen




No comments: