Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January 15th Reflection by Bill Lynch


Psalm 36:5-10


Your steadfast love, O Lord, extends to the heavens,
   your faithfulness to the clouds.
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains,
   your judgements are like the great deep;
   you save humans and animals alike, O Lord.

How precious is your steadfast love, O God!
   All people may take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
They feast on the abundance of your house,
   and you give them drink from the river of your delights.
For with you is the fountain of life;
   in your light we see light.

O continue your steadfast love to those who know you,
   and your salvation to the upright of heart!

Psalm
by Bill Lynch

Lord, you shook me up and brought me to my senses,
   you have made my world all brand new.
I once was lost to the depths of sin and death,
   but through your waters, you brought me through.
Into new life you have claimed me and named me,
   and now I live for you.

I rise now to a new world,
   now that you have granted me new eyes.
I see your majesty and power in all things,
   for you are the God of all that is right.
Your grace abounds throughout all creation,
   and the beauty fills my senses.

Your love is wide and deep,
   higher than the highest mountain and deeper than the sea.
The bread you offer goes beyond filling the body,
   to filling the soul and mind and spirit to overflow.
The river of life flows eternally in my soul,
   for you are Creator, Redeemer and Spirit.

Prayer
Father, Spirit, Redeemer, you have created and sustain all life. Wake me up in the realization that it's all about you. Unfold your plan for me this day that I may walk in your will and your way... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen


No comments: