Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 22nd Reflection by Bill Lynch



Psalm 19
God’s Glory in Creation and the Law

To the leader. A Psalm of David.

The heavens are telling the glory of God;
   and the firmament proclaims his handiwork.
Day to day pours forth speech,
   and night to night declares knowledge.
There is no speech, nor are there words;
   their voice is not heard;
yet their voice goes out through all the earth,
   and their words to the end of the world.

In the heavens he has set a tent for the sun,
which comes out like a bridegroom from his wedding canopy,
   and like a strong man runs its course with joy.
Its rising is from the end of the heavens,
   and its circuit to the end of them;
   and nothing is hidden from its heat.

The law of the Lord is perfect,
   reviving the soul;
the decrees of the Lord are sure,
   making wise the simple;
the precepts of the Lord are right,
   rejoicing the heart;
the commandment of the Lord is clear,
   enlightening the eyes;
the fear of the Lord is pure,
   enduring for ever;
the ordinances of the Lord are true
   and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold,
   even much fine gold;
sweeter also than honey,
   and drippings of the honeycomb.

Moreover by them is your servant warned;
   in keeping them there is great reward.
But who can detect their errors?
   Clear me from hidden faults.
Keep back your servant also from the insolent;
   do not let them have dominion over me.
Then I shall be blameless,
   and innocent of great transgression.

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
   be acceptable to you,
   O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

Psalm
by Bill Lynch

Lord you are wonderful in all ways,
   you created light and brought it for all to see.
You created life and filled the earth,
   I can see the trees sway with your breath.
Look at the birds and how they fly,
   simple yet wondrous with joy.
I see the mountains and wonder how,
   how did they rise from the earth.
The stars and moon at night light the way,
   they show your endless majesty and power.

Father, I see the Law you have given,
   I am convicted in all of it's ways.
I see the order you bring to guide your people,
   yet I fail to obey as you instruct.
Yes, I know that your Law is perfect,
   you fulfill your law through Jesus.
Known and unknown sins are taken upon him,
   they are put aside in his death.
Yes, your Law is fulfilled in Jesus,
   new life springs eternal in resurrection.

To all creation I witness your glory,
   day and night I sing your praise.
You are God of all life and creation,
   your love fills all that you have made.
Lord Jesus, God in flesh is mighty,
   Savior of all that God has made.
Holy Spirit, mighty in your inspiration,
   you put to action God's plan.
All creation sings glory to God,
   glory for all and in all and through all.

Lord, lead me as I follow you,
   guide me in a blameless life.
Correct me in the midst of my sin,
   show me your will and your way.
You alone are my guide and salvation,
   to you alone I turn day to day.
Hear my plea and my prayer each day,
   take me through the troubles of this life.
May I bring glory and honor to you each day,
   that all may know you are God.

Prayer
Lord, creator of all things and giver of life and law, teach me and hear my prayer of repentance. Save me, dear Lord that I may witness to your glory... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: