Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April 10th Reflection by Bill Lynch



Revelation 5:11-14

Then I looked, and I heard the voice of many angels surrounding the throne and the living creatures and the elders; they numbered myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands, singing with full voice, “Worthy is the Lamb that was slaughtered to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!” Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, and all that is in them, singing, “To the one seated on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!” And the four living creatures said, “Amen!” And the elders fell down and worshiped.

Reflection
I love the book of Revelation. I love to think of and imagine all of the imagery. It's like God gave us the freedom to think outside of everything. We are given the freedom to see visions of God's awesome power and strength. We are given the freedom to imagine God beyond what we have ever thought of before. Revelation brings out the child in me and I feel like I'm playing as a little child, using imagination, with God.

It all focuses on Jesus as our Savior. So, I get to play with Jesus in a way. I get to show honor and praise to Jesus my King, my Savior, my Ruler, my God. Think of all the creatures in earth for starters. Think of every creature singing. Run that vision through your head awhile. It's fabulous! Think of all of the different ways God could be praised by each different creature that God has created. Now, have some fun and think of the creatures in heaven singing to God. You can make some creatures up here because we don't even know what creatures may look like or even sound like in heaven. For that matter, do we even know all the creatures on earth?

Just thinking this way gives a glorious hope and satisfaction of belief in the resurrected Savior of all life given to us in Jesus. So, "To the one seated on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!"

I love the book of Revelation! I love Jesus!

Prayer
God and Lamb, I give you all the glory and honor and praise. You are God and yet you are the Lamb, the sacrifice for my sin. Forgive my selfishness and forgive my sin. I turn all of my grief, anger, and sorrow to you and place all of that "stuff" at the cross. There you came as my Lamb, you suffered, you died in my sin. There you offer the grace of salvation. Help me to put all of those doubts and pain of my sin right there with you. Recieve the sins of those that have sinned against me at that foot of the cross as well. For you alone can take away the sin of the world. You alone can take away my sin and leave it in that tomb. You alone raise from the death of my sin to new life. And then you grant that new life, free from sin, to me. You grant a new and changed life, free from the baggage of the sin and you free me to live a resurrected life with you here and now. A life that permits me to go free and love you, praise you, and sing to you all the glory and honor and praise. You free me to live a new life in love to you and in love to those you guide me to each day. Hear dear Lamb, hear Almighty Father, hear Holy Spirit my song of praise... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: