Tuesday, April 02, 2013

April 2nd Reflection by Bill Lynch


Psalm 118:14-29

The Lord is my strength and my might; he has become my salvation.

There are glad songs of victory in the tents of the righteous: “The right hand of the Lord does valiantly;
the right hand of the Lord is exalted; the right hand of the Lord does valiantly.”
I shall not die, but I shall live, and recount the deeds of the Lord.
The Lord has punished me severely, but he did not give me over to death.

Open to me the gates of righteousness, that I may enter through them and give thanks to the Lord.
This is the gate of the Lord; the righteous shall enter through it.
I thank you that you have answered me and have become my salvation.

The stone that the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone.
This is the Lord’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes.
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Save us, we beseech you, O Lord! O Lord, we beseech you, give us success!
Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord. We bless you from the house of the Lord.
The Lord is God, and he has given us light. Bind the festal procession with branches, up to the horns of the altar.

You are my God, and I will give thanks to you; you are my God, I will extol you.

O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.

Reflection
Even though man tried to kill and destroy,
   Jesus resolve was eternal love.
Even though we caused you to suffer and die,
   Jesus love was eternal love.

You sent your Son that all may live,
   and I saw my sin upon that cross.
I witnessed the death of my sin,
   in love so deep and eternal.

Jesus, my Lord, my Savior, my God,
   you saved me from separation eternal.
You came and sought me and found me,
   you came and saved me in love.

I will always praise the name of God,
   for you alone bring victory.
You make the day and fill it with blessing,
   you show me how to live in love.

Praise to the Father, Son and Spirit,
   eternal God of all.
You create and renew all life each day,
   and show the world your love.

Prayer
Father; your name is exalted above all names. Your love is true love. Teach me to love like you and live like you that I may serve you all my days... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: