Friday, April 26, 2013

April 26th Reflection by Bill Lynch



John 13:31-35

When he had gone out, Jesus said, “Now the Son of Man has been glorified, and God has been glorified in him. If God has been glorified in him, God will also glorify him in himself and will glorify him at once. Little children, I am with you only a little longer. You will look for me; and as I said to the Jews so now I say to you, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come.’ I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Reflection
He said I was new, but I really was not new at all. At least at the heart of myself, I was not new. I'm not sure why I didn't make the list of the big ten, but I guess now it really didn't matter. I was at the heart of the big ten all along. Every one of the big ten was based in some way on me.

The Father demonstrated me by sending his Son into this world as flesh and blood. The Son lived a life that showed me to all the world. Now, at this time, the Son was about to follow through with the hardest part about me. The Son was soon to be separated by everyone and walk alone. I would pretty much be all that he had while the Son suffers and dies.

This part of me was new. Jesus loved his disciples and he loved all the people of this world. Jesus came in love for people to save them from eternal death. Jesus was about to pay that price the evening that he gave me to his disciples and all the world.

Jesus not only gave me to the people but he lived me into reality with his life. Now it's time for all people to live me.

Prayer
Lord, you have sent your Son to this world in love. Your love from before time that lasts beyond time. Love for each and all of us. Jesus demonstrated your love for us. I love you and seek to live out the love you have given to me as I love you and those you give to me... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: