Tuesday, April 09, 2013

April 9th Reflection by Bill Lynch



Psalm 30

I will extol you, O Lord, for you have drawn me up, and did not let my foes rejoice over me.

O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me.

O Lord, you brought up my soul from Sheol, restored me to life from among those gone down to the Pit.

Sing praises to the Lord, O you his faithful ones, and give thanks to his holy name.

For his anger is but for a moment; his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may linger for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

As for me, I said in my prosperity, “I shall never be moved.”

By your favor, O Lord, you had established me as a strong mountain; you hid your face; I was dismayed.

To you, O Lord, I cried, and to the Lord I made supplication:

“What profit is there in my death, if I go down to the Pit? Will the dust praise you? Will it tell of your faithfulness?

Hear, O Lord, and be gracious to me! O Lord, be my helper!”

You have turned my mourning into dancing; you have taken off my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,

so that my soul may praise you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever.

Reflection
O Lord and my God,
   you come to me in the midst of despair.
Father, you search me out and send your Son.
   When I'm at the lowest point you are there.

In illness and with death in sight,
   you come to me and sit by my side.
Jesus, you come to comfort and be with me,
   you lead and guide me and blessing abounds.

I live my life, eternally giving thanks,
   for all you have done.
For, I know that I need a Savior.
   I need you Lord Jesus.

I come through illness and pain.
   I live in the hope of resurrection.
For I have seen your face in the times,
   times of good and times I'm low.

Jesus, your death and resurrection,
   bring hope and life to all.
I praise you in the morning,
   and think of you all day long.

Glory to God the Father, Son and Spirit.
   Thankfulness springs forth from within.
You are my hope and salvation.
   You are my God!

Prayer
Lord, you come to me when I'm afraid, when I'm ill, when I'm in any distress. You come and rescue me from sin, death and the devil. You come to save me from my sinful self. You come to offer resurrected life as I live this life. You come to show the way to eternal life beginning here and now this moment. I give you all the glory and praise for what you have done. I could never save myself. I need a Savior. Be with me this day that I may serve you in your kingdom and honor you... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: