Wednesday, June 12, 2013

June 12th Reflection by Bill Lynch


Psalm 32

1 Happy are those whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. 2 Happy are those to whom the Lord imputes no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. 3 While I kept silence, my body wasted away through my groaning all day long. 4 For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer. (Selah) 5 Then I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not hide my iniquity; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord," and you forgave the guilt of my sin. (Selah) 6 Therefore let all who are faithful offer prayer to you; at a time of distress, the rush of mighty waters shall not reach them. 7 You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with glad cries of deliverance. (Selah) 8 I will instruct you and teach you the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. 9 Do not be like a horse or a mule, without understanding, whose temper must be curbed with bit and bridle, else it will not stay near you. 10 Many are the torments of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds those who trust in the Lord. 11 Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy, all you upright in heart.

Reflection
I'm so depressed about what I have done.
It seems that sleep will not come at all.
I can't fathom any rescue from my sin.
So I sit and wait and mourn my actions.

Lord, I come to you with a broken heart.
I come to you and seek forgiveness for what I have done.
My actions have separated me from you.
The thing I have done has caused great pain.

Yes, Lord, you forgive me!
My heart is full of the joy of your mercy.
You have heard my cry and shown love.
You are my Savior and Lord!

Teach me the will you have for me this day.
Instruct me in your way.
I live my life to please you.
You have shown me life from death.

Glory to you today and forever!
Hear my song in the heavens above.
You have healed the broken.
You give life eternal.

Prayer
Lord, there are times in my sin when I feel so ashamed, so guilty, so far away from you. I come to you this day and in silence seek your forgiveness. I come to you this day with my Friday heart in pain and suffering. I come to you seeking that Saturday quiet and hoping for your Sunday resurrection. Forgive me and restore me and bring me to new life in you... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: