Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June 19th Reflection by Bill Lynch


Psalm 22:19–28
But you, O Lord, do not be far away! O my help, come quickly to my aid!
Deliver my soul from the sword, my life from the power of the dog!
Save me from the mouth of the lion! From the horns of the wild oxen you have rescued me.
I will tell of your name to my brothers and sisters; in the midst of the congregation I will praise you:
You who fear the Lord, praise him! All you offspring of Jacob, glorify him; stand in awe of him, all you offspring of Israel!
For he did not despise or abhor the affliction of the afflicted; he did not hide his face from me, but heard when I cried to him.
From you comes my praise in the great congregation; my vows I will pay before those who fear him.
The poor shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the Lord. May your hearts live forever!
All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the Lord; and all the families of the nations shall worship before him.
For dominion belongs to the Lord, and he rules over the nations.

Reflection
I see the suffering and I see the pain.
I see my Savior on that wicked throne.
I hear his words crying out to God.
My sinless Savior upon that cross.

Yes, it's true he spent his life.
Spent his life for you and I.
Jesus gave and gave until all was given.
The healing, the teaching and miracles from heaven.

I see my Savior upon that cross.
I see my sin, the suffering, the loss.
Yet listen carefully to Jesus cry.
Hidden in the pain is triumph and victory.

Salvation has come to you and I.
Upon that cross as our Savior dies.
We see our sin, how ugly and stained.
Yet praise our God's glory in heaven.

Praise to the Father, the Son and Spirit.
Praise to the Love of God this Friday.
Praise to God for our Easter wait.
Praise to God for new resurrected life.

Prayer
We read your Psalm from ages before the crucifixion. We ponder the likelihood that the author spoke of Jesus. We know your Spirit moves through space and time and sit in awe of your glory. Thank you Jesus for all you have done to save your people and bring new life. Send us out this day with your Word and your Way that we may witness your glory... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: