Monday, July 14, 2014

July 14th Reflection by Bill Lynch


Isaiah 44:6-8
Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel
   and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
I am the first and I am the last;
   besides me there is no god.
Who is like me? Let them proclaim it,
   let them declare and set it forth before me.
Who has announced from of old the things to come?
   Let them tell us what is yet to be.
Do not fear, or be afraid;
   have I not told you from of old and declared it?
   You are my witnesses!
Is there any god besides me?
   There is no other rock; I know not one.

Reflection
First and last and beginning and eternal. All those who come to believe and place all of their hope in God will declare this same thing. God is it! God is all! God is everything! We live our lives in the hope of what God has done and place our lives in this hope in Jesus Christ that life is in God. And we will tell the story of God active in our lives all of our days. It's this way.

Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PTvr755V8s

Prayer
Lord, in this world of many distractions may I always keep and know you as the one and only God. Keep me from making idols of things. Lead me to listen to your Word and proclaim your saving grace to all you give to me. In you there is no other rock... I know not one... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: