Thursday, September 04, 2014

September 4th Reflection by Bill Lynch


Psalm 119:33-40
Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes,
   and I will observe it to the end.
Give me understanding, that I may keep your law
   and observe it with my whole heart.
Lead me in the path of your commandments,
   for I delight in it.
Turn my heart to your decrees,
   and not to selfish gain.
Turn my eyes from looking at vanities;
   give me life in your ways.
Confirm to your servant your promise,
   which is for those who fear you.
Turn away the disgrace that I dread,
   for your ordinances are good.
See, I have longed for your precepts;
   in your righteousness give me life.

Reflection
There always seems to be those times when you are running along frustrated with life. Maybe it's something at work or home or anywhere for that matter, but something is just getting under your skin and you can't help but to live agitated.

That's when I am led to a psalm passage such as the one above. One that helps to center my attention away from the frustrations towards what is really important. I ask for God to teach and guide me in the way that God would have me be and in the way of God commandments.

This thought alone draws me away from the agitations of life or things or technicalities that all seem to get in the way. The learning and teachings of God put this earthly life into perspective and help me to not get all wrapped around the wheel of daily living but concentrate on God's Word and God's will.

God's way is always good and it's in God's righteousness that I feel real life.

Just what I need... stop... listen... pray... God will guide you if you only stop the wheel for some time.

Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SLHWFpSlq4

Prayer
Lord, when the night is sleepless and I can't stop my mind thinking about the little things of this life; come to me with the focus that I need on your eternal presence in all life that I may hear your Word and see and understand your will in my life... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: