Sunday, July 31, 2005

July 31st People Reflection

Sunday 7/31/2005

1 Corinthians 15.35-58-We will all be changed, so that we will never die again.

2 Kings 11-a child-a future king of Judah is protected

Micah 2-I will gather them, just as a shepherd brings sheep together, and there will be many

Matthew 14.13-21-you give them something to eat

John 3.22-30-He must increase, but I must decrease.

Psalm 2-Happy are all who take refuge in him

"When it’s too wet all the water comes right to the top"- Concrete- mixing concrete- for a ramp- When you first mix it and put it in the forms- it’s a mess- people need to walk around it- make sure you don’t step on it- your looking to the future- when it will become hard- when it will be used as a path to walk on – the concrete will change over a few hours- it will turn into something very different from how it started- I will change to- God is doing that all the time- changing me- taking me from death to life- there will be a time when this body of mine will go away- God will give me a new body that will never die again- just like that concrete- it will change into a new body – may not last forever but much longer- of course God can do great things- he can plan the future for a king- a child- a future king of Judah- a child saved – a child that gives the unbroken line from David to Jesus- all kings- just like that mushy concrete has a solid future- so does our life in Jesus- a solid future- but as I change- I begin to realize that what makes it all come together- hard as concrete- is how I must decrease and Jesus increase- cause I depend on Jesus not myself- and in this I am happy to take refuge in him—"When it’s too wet all the water comes right to the top."—yea God spoke yesterday- through a change in life that begins with some water and some stone- and becomes hard as a rock- a foundational rock in Jesus.

Prayer- Lord, you are my rock- and in my baptism you called me to be your child- to follow in your steps- to begin that path of change- to solidify my faith and hope and trust in you and you alone. Today I depend on you- my rock- send mewith that faith – to go- to have your compassion on a world that needs something to eat- for your food is food that will last forever- just like a rock. -- Amen

No comments: