Thursday, July 14, 2005

Re: July 14th People Reflection

I went to my mother's church for the mother daughter banquet in May. They had a guest speaker who was an author. Her latest book is entitled "Puppies in the Pulpit" and is a compilation of observations of the pet dog by the dog's owner (the author). Each chapter describes a certain personality trait of her dog. She then relates it to some aspect of God and His relationship to us. Bill, your reflection reminded me of this. If anyone is interested in reading the book, let me know.
 
Diane
----- Original Message -----
From: Bill Lynch
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 5:12 AM
Subject: July 14th People Reflection

Thursday 7/14/2005

1 Corinthians 2-Don’t try to prove anything by sounding wise-simply let God’s Spirit show his power

1 Kings 15.1-32- Asa’s heart was true to God

Joel 2.12-32-I will work wonders in the sky above and on the earth below. Then God will save everyone who faithfully worships him.

Psalm 86.11-17-Teach me your way, O LORD, that I may walk in your truth

1 John 3.1-3-God loves us so much – he made us his children

Psalm 128- Happy is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in his ways

Yesterday I had to take our new puppy, Phoebe to the Vet- for shots- for her first check-up- finally the fleas were gone- she got some shots and yipped at those- but her presence in that Vet’s office was different- everyone had to hold her- I actually think everyone did- all the women behind the counter- the people waiting – maybe one of the Vet’s busy with other animals didn’t – but I’m pretty sure everyone else did- a new life- even if it is a dog- there is no wisdom in this new life- it’s just a puppy completely depending on everyone else for survival- but god’s power shines through this simple act of depending on others- the heart of this puppy is true to all who hold her- she trusts each person to take care of her- to protect her- to teach her- to love her and to make her a child- she is happy in an innocent way—I think maybe that’s how God wants me to be- depend on him to provide for all my needs- love him for everything and trust him when I feel the pain of a shot – that the shot will do good. Did God speak through some people yesterday? – yea- by their actions with a puppy and the spontaneous love shown to a new life- I guess we all have a new life today and everyday in Christ Jesus.

Prayer- Lord, thank you for the gift of a new life this day- may I treat it with joy and happiness and appreciation for what you have given me- for the people I will meet today – thank you- for the lives that will touch me today – thank you- for the lives I will touch today – thank you- for the love that will be shown today – thank you- for the food I will receive this day – thank you- for the shots I may get this day – thank you- your lead me everyday from death to life and continually heal me- thank you- but most of all thank you for the life, suffering, death and resurrection of your Son Jesus Christ- all needs are met each day – Thanks be to God! -- Amen

No comments: