Wednesday, July 06, 2005

July 6th People Reflection

Wednesday 7/6/2005

Mark 13.14-37-Jesus will return again- I won’t know when- be faithful

1 Kings 7-The temple is lavishly furnished

Hosea 9.1-16-If you turn from God- he will punish

1 Samuel 12.1-25-Serve God and obey him- only God will rescue

Ephesians 4.11-16-Build up the body of Christ

Psalm 144-the LORD my rock

"Eat only food that God gave us"- Advice I asked for yesterday- good advice in many more ways than one. When I think about the passages God gave me today- I think of food God gives me- each day- food to ponder- food to feed my soul- food to direct my physical being to action- food to prepare me for Jesus return- I know he will return again- I don’t know when – but if I eat only the food God gives me – I will be faithful- I will be ready- If I let this food fuel into action – I will be faithful- I will be ready- this fuel will feed my temple- the temple God is creating in me day after day-building my temple with only the food God gives me- this food will furnish the temple of my soul with lavish furnishings- dedicated to God- special and unique- Eat only food God gave us- God’s food will keep my focus on him so that I will never turn from God- I will continue to eat the food God gives me allowing me to serve and obey him- Eat only the food God gave us—yea that way the body of Christ will be built up – not only in myself – but with my friends in Christ- I will build that body on a rock- It will be muscle for action- muscle for love- Eat only the food God gave us- yea- God spoke yesterday to me- about more than just food for the body – but food for the soul and for the church.

Prayer- Lord- feed me your daily bread this day- nourish me and send me into the world with joy-laughter-dancing and compassionate love for all you have created. Give me the food for my body and my heart that I may remain in you. Forgive me when I error and lead me to that glorious food only you can provide. -- Amen

No comments: