Sunday, July 03, 2005

July3rd People Reflection

Sunday 7/3/2005

Mark 12.1-27-God sent his Son out of love to this vineyard- I will worship him – He is God of the living

1 Kings 3-Solomon ask’s for wisdom- Solomon woke up-realized God had spoken to him and gave wisdom

Hosea 6.1-7.2-Be faithful and know God

Matthew 11.16-19, 25-30-I serve God-don’t expect God to dance for me- I dance for God

Luke 10.38-42-Don’t be distracted by tasks- focus on Jesus

Psalm 119-129-136-The unfolding of your words gives light; it imparts understanding to the simple.

"Is God trying to tell me something by this light?"- My Uncle Dick – at my nephew’s wedding yesterday – he asked me this question- you see- he was sitting in the pew behind me- through one small piece of clear stained glass the sun shone brightly through- right onto Uncle Dick and Uncle Dick alone- like he was lit up with a spot light- it made him uncomfortable- he even said this would be this first wedding he attended where he got a sunburn!- Well – maybe God sent that sunlight to Dick- a symbol of his love- just as in the parable the son was sent to the people- God sent his Son to us- to die for us- to rescue us from our sins- to put the spotlight on us- cause since we are now free from sin- we are also in the spotlight to act for God- to hear his call and do his will- to feel the warmth of the Son – to go into the world warmed with his wisdom- just like Solomon used the wisdom God gave him as a judge—also for us to dance for God- I can’t expect God to dance for me – to do all the things I think he should do- God is God- it’s time I feel the heat of the sun and do God’s will- out of joy- out of love for the warmth he has already given my- I must keep my focus on Jesus- listen to those words unfold to simple me and move- get up and move- Did God speak through people yesterday? – yea – through Uncle Dick- in the spotlight of God- feeling the heat- feeling the sunburn at a wedding- it’s time to move- it’s time to respond to that gracious love of God!

Prayer- Lord Jesus- thank you for coming down- thank you for the warmth of the son- thank you for uncles that feel your warmth – thank you for laughter at weddings- thank you for saving me and all people- today I will worship you – today I will praise you – today I will feel your warmth and respond in joy to the heat you send to me- I will go out into your vineyard and do your will – send me now. -- Amen

No comments: