Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 12th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Prepare

Readings of the Day
1 Samuel 12:1-13:23-...the LORD has sought out a man after his own heart...
John 7:1-30-You know me, and you know where I am from. I have not come on my own.
Psalm 108:1-13-With God we shall do valiantly...
Proverbs 15:4-A gentle tongue is a tree of life...

God's Word of the Day
I have come to you, now prepare for something new.

Story of the Day
I never pick the one you think I will pick do I? I chose Paul as he persecuted the early Christians. I picked him and he became one of the best missionaries ever. I picked Samson, a crude man who would make a point to the Philistines. I picked Abraham, at times a liar and a coward, but he formed a new nation. I picked David an adulterer, and he showed repentance and leadership. I picked Mary and she showed faithfulness and devotion and endless strength. I chose the Woman at the Well and she changed her life into an evangelist to come and see.

I never pick the one you think I will pick do I?

I picked Jesus, whom you thought would conquer worldly empires. I sent him humble and to live a life with the humbled and he conquered the universe both physical and spiritual. He conquered sin and death and saved all people.

I never pick the one you think I will pick do I?

I pick you...now go with God and do valiantly.

Prayer of the Day
Thank You Lord for coming to me, for saving me, for calling me, for gifting me and blessing me with abundant gifts and for picking me. With You, I go and do valiantly, in Your name, now and forever. ---Amen

No comments: