Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May 25th - 26th - Let's Play!

Theme
Honor

Readings
2 Samuel 7:1-11:27- As you live, and as your soul lives, I will not do such a thing.
John 14:15-15:27- You did not choose me but I chose you.
Psalm 119:33-64- The earth, O LORD, is full of your steadfast love; teach me your statutes.
Proverbs 15:33-16:3- The fear of the LORD is instruction is wisdom, and humility goes before honor.

God's Word
I choose you. Live in wisdom and serve in humility.

Story
The mouse woke up that morning and wondered why it was him who had to get up so early to go out and hunt food to feed the family for the day. Why me? Why not one of these children? Why not the wife? But none of these questions did any good, as all the other's slept the morning away. The mouse knew it was him that was chosen to do this work. So he humbly rolled out of bed and went along his way. He was slow to wake that day. But as his eyes opened and as his mind began to come to order he felt the gentle call of one greater that he.

In that moment, the mouse knew that he had been chosen for this work. He was the one to go out to hunt the food and bring back life to his family. So now with a renewed sense of purpose, the mouse went out into the world. He felt the tug of this morning friend of his who had called him out of sleep to a life of hunting. But with this friend by his side, the hunting became a joy and a privilege to bring in the food for the family.

And always, what was brought in was more than enough. Enough to feed not only his family but some friends and sometimes just some mice that needed food for the evening. You see, the mouse realized the privilege and honor of being the one chosen for the work and not the one choosing the work. And this made all the difference.

Prayer
Lord, I give You thanks that You have chosen me to do the work. I go out this day in joy to do the work You have set before me. ---Amen

No comments: