Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May 27th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Involvement

Readings of the Day
2 Samuel 12:1-31-Why have you despised the word of the LORD, to do what is evil in his sight?
John 16:1-33-In the world you face persecution. But take courage; I have conquered the world!
Psalm 119:65-80-I know, O LORD, that your judgments are right, and that in faithfulness you have humbled me.
Proverbs 16:4-5-The LORD has made everything for its purpose...

God's Word of the Day
I am involved in your life and you are involved in Mine.

Story of the Day
Another day of work, the mouse thought as he rose from a deep sleep that night. Time to get up and go to work. Time to face that cat for another day of struggle to get a little food to feed the family. If only the cat weren't there, getting food would be so easy. Some days it seemed as if the cat was placed there on purpose, just to make life hard. It was so tempting to have this desire to kill the cat and live happily ever after. But this was a feat that was beyond the skill and ability of the mouse. One day a "mighty" mouse would come and defeat this cat and we could all live in paradise.

But for today, it was another day to find ways to work around this cat. A day to resist the temptations and tricks the cat would try to play on the mouse to trap him and to defeat him. Another day to work for food, while the cat tried to take his life from him.

So the mouse got up to work. As he prepared for the day and reflected and prayed, giving thanks for all the abundant blessings that God had given him in his family life, the mouse heard a knock at the door. Opening the door, he saw his dependable work partner ready to go to work with him that day. Ready to serve other mice in need. Ready to teach him the ways to avoid the cat, and ways to confront the cat, and live an honest life. His best friend and teacher, ready to work by his side that day.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, help me this day as I face the temptations of this world. Lead me, and speak Your loving commandments into my ear. Teach me to serve and to give my life for the life of another. Permit me to let Your Light of Love shine brightly through me so all the world can see Your Love, today, tomorrow and forever. ---Amen

No comments: