Monday, May 11, 2009

May 8th - 11th -- Let's Play!

Theme
Decision

Readings
1 Samuel 2:22-11:15-Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening.
John 5:24-6:71-This is indeed the will of my Father, that all who see the Son and believe in him may have eternal life; and I will raise them up on the last day.
Psalm 106:1-107:43-Praise the LORD! O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever.
Proverbs 14:30-15:3-The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good.

God's Word
Look around and see the many places that I inhabit. Listen to My Word and then speak boldly about what you see.

Story
The mouse had finally picked up something to eat. As he was out hunting that day, he came across some cereal and nuts that had fell to the floor in the kitchen. On his way home, he always went in the cabinets and under the sink. That's when he saw it! There it was before his very eyes. A huge piece of cheese along with a cracker covered with peanut butter. But he had seen this trap before. The cheese and peanut butter covered cracker were on top of a board with a wire above it and a spring in the back. He had seen a cousin die this way. The cousin went for the bait and the trap sprung and killed him. But how good this food looked to the paltry cereal and nuts he had with him. Should he put down what he had hunted and freely take this bait before his eyes? Perhaps his cousin had made a mistake. Perhaps, if he was careful, he could take the cheese and cracker carefully and be rich in food. The battle in his mind was fierce. Oh, what to listen to! The temptation and richness of something easy or the life of work for something harder to come by such as the cereal and nuts. He listen for direction. But the decision was his. The decision was his.

Prayer
I see the hard work You have done to save me Lord. I choose You as You have lovingly chose me. I choose You. Thanks for choosing me. ---Amen

No comments: