Saturday, May 23, 2009

May 14th - 23rd - Let's Play!

Theme
Moments

Readings
1 Samuel 15:1- 2 Samuel 3:39- ...for the LORD does not see as mortals see; they look on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart.
John 8:1-13:30- Neither do I condemn you. Go your way, and from now on do not sin again.
Psalm 110:1-119-16- This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Proverbs 15:8-30- A glad heart make a cheerful countenance...

God's Word
Live the moment I give to you and be cheerful in heart.

Story
It was one of the most beautiful places I had ever seen. As we walked the dark path together, with flashlights in hand we would pause and shine out lights above. The color was awesome and you could tell that even in this dark place that life was abundant. Stalactites and stalagmites all around, with rock formations that seemed to be scripted with the hand of God. An awesome and beautiful place from the inside. But, from the outside, it wasn't much more than a hole in the ground.

It was one of the most beautiful places I had ever seen. As I peered through the lense over my eyes, I would bump heads with the most beautiful fish. Fish of all colors and shapes. Fish of all sorts of design. Coral reef and ocean floor that was a sight to see! But, from the outside, it wasn't much more than an endless ocean of flat and peaceful water.

It was one of the most beautiful places I had ever seen. A heart full of confession. A heart willing to change. A heart of love and strength. A heart willing to listen. A heart willing to follow. A heart with compassion and love and laughter and sorrow and pain and all imaginable emotion. A heart of the soul. A heart that would bump with the Savior's heart. A heart that would acknowledge the heart of the Messiah. But, from the outside, it wasn't much more than another sinner in need.

It was one of the most beautiful places I had ever seen. A life full of love. A life given for the world. But, from the outside, it was Jesus on a cross.

It was one of the most beautiful places I had ever seen. An empty tomb. But, from the outside, it was just another hole in the ground.

He was one of the most beautiful people I had ever seen, both inside and outside.

Come, Lord Jesus, come, and recreate me to be beautiful again, from the inside out.

Prayer
You make me smile! You make me laugh! You make me run and jump with joy! In Your forgiving Light, I run with You, today, tomorrow and forever! ---Amen

No comments: