Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 13th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Surprise

Readings of the Day
1 Samuel 14:1-52-...so he extended the staff that was in his hand, and dipped the tip of it in the honeycomb, and put his hand to his mouth; and his eyes brightened.
John 7:31-53-Never has anyone spoken like this!
Psalm 109:1-31-Do not be silent, O God of my praise.
Proverbs 15:5-7-A fool despises a parent's instruction, but the one who heeds admonition is prudent.

God's Word of the Day
Open your eyes and look around. I am closer than you think.

Story of the Day
As I was returning to my mouse hole in the side of the wall under the sink, I noticed how weak I had become from the work of the day. I had to battle the cat all day. She chased me all over the house. As soon as I would go for some crumbs of food on the rug, the cat would spot me and run after me and chase me all over the house. I was afraid that I had lost the battle this day.

Here I was, coming home without any food to give to the family, weak, tired and about to fall over. I passed by the trap under the sink when I noticed a plastic jar of honey that had fallen out of the trash. There was still a little left inside on the bottom of the jar and on the outside. So, I dipped my finger in the honey and tasted it. That's when my eyes were brightened and I began to feel much better. There would be just enough in this jar for the family. This was a true gift at the end of a hard day. I had been blessed right before my eyes. I was taken care of for the day. All I had to do was open my eyes and look for the unexpected in the routine! It was as if a voice spoke to me out of the silence. Never before have I been spoken to quite like this! Thanks be to God for this day and the preparations we make for tomorrow.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, this day, open my eyes brightly to see Your presence and blessings of this world. You are God and You are awesome, today, tomorrow and forever. ---Amen

No comments: